Growth in the Internet of Things (IoT) is having a significant impact on the semiconductor market, with application-specific standard products (ASSPs) for consumer applications up by 14.3 percent and industrial ASSPs rising by 19.1 percent in 2017. Semiconductors for wireless connectivity showed the highest growth with 19.3 percent in 2017, and topping $10 billion for the first time, despite reduced component prices and the static smartphone industry.
- The Fifth Wave of Computing is built on AI, 5G and a secure IoT May 1, 2019
- Anti-poacher sensor networks deployed in nature reserves April 17, 2019
- World IoT Day is on April 9th March 26, 2019
- Smart manufacturing revolution overcomes challenges in the age of IIoT October 13, 2018
- Smart Swiss sector creates opportunity for Irish suppliers August 12, 2018